Categories

Friday, January 18, 2013

QuikBit #7: Why I Post my Twitter Feed

      Somebody asked me today why I post my Twitter feed to my blog. They said "Won't it give out a negative vibe, and turn readers away?" The answer to that question is simple. If I didn't have my twitter feed on my blog, it wouldn't make much of a difference at all. The same goes for having it available on it. My reason for opening my Twitter feed up to my readers is to add a personal touch. I have read countless blogs that seem like they aren't even posted by real people. Like they have an automated system that finds interesting topics and just creates a post about them. Yes, I know that this is impossible. BUT, that is just my impression. While these blogs may be a huge success, they don't feel personal. All of these automated email forms, and no direct way to contact the founders. That's why I post my Twitter feed. To add the personal touch, to let each and every reader know that I do want to let them know me personally. A warm personal welcome is always the best approach to things in life.
(This is my artwork by the way)

No comments:

Post a Comment