Categories

Friday, January 25, 2013

QuikBit #11: Adobe Photoshop CS6

      About an hour ago, I finished installing Adobe Photoshop CS6 on my desktop. I have been using CS5 for almost a year now, and I have wielded that weapon well. I had a hard time deciding whether I wanted to make the switch, but I had to do it. There is so much more customizability with CS6. The same effects that come built in as properties of this program take many many steps to complete on CS5, and effects are a pretty big deal for designers. Earlier today I finished up the last logo I will ever make on Photoshop CS5. After seeing how long it took to complete this logo, and then taking a peek at CS6 to find out that half of the effects that I applied manually were built in as features. So I will be up for many hours tonight constructing a logo for HyperMac5 on CS6, my first on this program. You can check out his blog HERE and his YouTube channel HERE. There may be a bit of a learning curve, but I love to take on a challenge! Wish me luck!

Follow me on Twitter: @_JSoper (click follow button to the right>>)
YouTube: SuperTouch101 (ST101)
HyperMac5 YouTube: HyperMac5

1 comment: